Kanatal is a small village in the state of Uttarakhand, India. Kanatal is 78 km from Dehradun (capital of the State Uttarakhand), 38 km from Mussoorie and 12 km from Chamba. It is on the Chamba-Mussoorie road and nearly 300 km from Delhi. The temperature here hovers between 10-20 degrees Celsius in summers. In winters, it presents a mesmerizing sight of snow carpeted grounds and trees presenting a white wonderland& temperature lies in between 5-10 degrees. The location experience heavy snow fall blocking roads in winters. Due to high altitude the place unpredictably faces high winds.
WHERE TO STAY
Located on the Chamba-Mussoorie Highway at 8,500 feet, The Terraces is a peaceful retreat nestled in the midst of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas. It offers views of the snow-clad mountains, warm hospitality, a multi-cuisine restaurant, an al fresco cafe and bar, a well-equipped gym and a spa. The 21 spacious rooms – surrounded by apple orchards – are replete with a host of luxurious amenities that include a private balcony, a fireplace and WiFi.
Yatinder Kumar Photography presents brand film of The Terraces, Kanatal a spa resort in Uttrakhand. Book The Terraces Online. The Terraces comprises 8 deluxe rooms, 12 premium rooms and a luxury suite each of which offer tourists a pleasant view of dazzling white snow-clad peaks.
Must Do Things in Kanatal
- Don’t forget to grab a warm cup of chai (tea) at one of the many tea stalls spread around town.
- When in the mountains, one must try the authentic rajma chawal at one of the few dhabas that are located en route to Kanatal, whilst driving from Dehradun. Its homemade feel and flavour cannot be missed.
- Spend one night simply lying back on the grass and gazing up at the stars in the clear skies. For best results, share the moment with a loved one.
- If you’re a wildlife enthusiast, head to the nearby Rani Chauri Forest or Batwaldar Forest, and you may spot deer, foxes, and meerkats.
- Before leaving Kanatal, pick up a bottle of rhododendron juice as a souvenir. Made locally using fresh rhododendron flowers, it is something that you won’t easily find elsewhere. You can also buy fresh apple jam.
If you are looking for a much needed break from the hectic work schedule in August (12-15), then Kanatal is a perfect recommendation to spend your Independence Day Weekend. Kanatal may lack the colonial air of Mussoorie but it does give the Queen of Hills a complex with its pristine look. And of course, the long walks in the Jungle, the green mountains, the colorful butterflies, the chirping birds and the floating clouds hugging you now and then makes you fall in love with the beautiful. Adventure junkies can quench their thrill taste by participating in exciting rounds of rock climbing and rappelling with friends and family, and also taking a trek deep into the forest.